Comparettia macroplectron

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!!!!! I really love it. Is it more long lived thant C. speciosa?

I am not sure. It have had this for about a year and I have to water it nearly everyday since it's mounted. I am growing it fairly bright (under T5's) with intermediate to warm temps. It goes outside in the summer.

An under appreciated genus. Thanks for posting.

How "small" is the plant? Any idea how old it is? I have seedlings of Comparettia Oberhausen (speciosa x macroplectron) just a few weeks out of flask. I'll show them this as inspiration.

An under appreciated genus. Thanks for posting.

How "small" is the plant? Any idea how old it is? I have seedlings of Comparettia Oberhausen (speciosa x macroplectron) just a few weeks out of flask. I'll show them this as inspiration.

Small plant by my standards but here are some stats. The largest leaf is 5 inches from base of pseudobulb to leaf tip. The blooming leaf is 3 inches. Not sure how old it is but it has 3 leaves total and it only put out one new leaf this year for me. So guessing at least three years. BTW, this plant came from Ecuagenera via an eBay purchase from Seattle Orchids. I hope your Oberhausen seedlings do well and would love to see flower photos in the future. Perhaps that primary cross will be easier to flower than this delicate species.

Latest posts

Back