Cochlioda noezliana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
A native of the cloud forests of Peru. Bought this specimen 6 years ago from Günther Ludwig in Germany. Its the first time I have seen it produce a secondary spike off the main spike. You have to look closely at the close-up, as there is also a 2nd spike confusing things..!

Achamore, can you tell us about its culture? Specifically, temperature, light intensity, and seasonal variation in care? Mine seems to be able to grow fairly warm 21C day /13-16C night (70/55-60F), but it hasn't bloomed yet. I'm wondering if it needs cooler temp. It is very nice, indeed!

Achamore, can you tell us about its culture? Specifically, temperature, light intensity, and seasonal variation in care? Mine seems to be able to grow fairly warm 21C day /13-16C night (70/55-60F), but it hasn't bloomed yet. I'm wondering if it needs cooler temp. It is very nice, indeed!

That sounds pretty close to my conditions for it. It always blooms somewhere between June and September for me. This year was later than usual, and we have had a cool wet summer, so lower light levels than usual.

Back